Sewcializing = sewing + socializing! Today we’re chatting all about the different ways sewists connect online. We cover everything from Instagram etiquette to our favourite Facebook groups. We also confess how many times a day we check Instagram, and how many people we follow! A great episode if you’re new to the sewing community or just looking for a new way to interact with fellow makers.
- Helen’s instagram picture from Hornby Island
- Beth’s from Sew DIY’s curated Instagram feed.
- Sewing hashtags that we use! #sewing #handmadewardrobe #isewmyownclothes #imakemyownclothes #diy #sewinglife #ilovesewing #indiepatterns #indiesewing #memadewardrobe #memadeveryday #isew #diysewing #diyfashion #handmadefashion
- Heather Lou of Closet Case Patterns is our social media guru.
- Facebook groups: Bra Making Forum, Dressmaking Blogging Network, Curvy Sewing Collective Community
- Online communities: Kollabora, Textilia, Pattern Review, The Fold Line, Indie Sew
- Monthly events: Me-Made-May, Sew Photo Hop, bpSewvember, Braugust, Sew Together for Summer
- The Sew Weekly Instagram
- The Sewcialists Blog
- The Refashioners
Sewcialize with the Podcast! Instagram: @lovetosew.podcast, Twitter: @lovetosewpod, Facebook: /LovetoSewPod
Leave us a voicemail with your questions, comments, and feedback: 1-844-SEW-WHAT (1-844-739-9428)
E-mail us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sign up for our newsletter to get weekly episode updates, special news, and even some exclusive content that you won’t find anywhere else.
Leave us a review! It will help other sewists discover us.