Today’s episode is all about fabric! We’re covering all the basics such as construction, content, weight, drape, and stretch. We also offer tips for successful fabric shopping online and in person.
- Helen’s new pattern: the Avery Leggings!
- The Avery Leggings are 20% off (no code required) until February 13th, 2018
- There is a great article about man-made fibres on Britannica
- Fashion Weight and Conversions article on Fabric Incubator
- Fabric Incubator’s downloadable gsm/oz conversion chart
- Demystifying Fabric Weight article on Indiesew
- How to Calculate Stretch Percentage via Megan Nielsen (she also offers a free printable guide!)
- Penny Raglan by Grainline Studio
- Caroline’s Skillshare class: The Beginner’s Guide to Fashion Fabrics: Wovens
- Use this link to try Skillshare Premium free for 2 months: http://skl.sh/2loxXNC
- Fabrics A to Z by Dana Willard
- Claire Schaffer’s Fabric Sewing Guide
Indie online fabric shops:
- La Mercerie (US)
- Indie Sew (US)
- Threadbare Fabrics (US)
- Stonemountain & Daughter (US)
- The Fabric Store (US, AU, NZ)
- Mood (US)
- Tessuti (AU)
- Fabric Drop (NZ)
- Miss Matatabi (JP)
- Fabric Godmother (UK)
- Sew Over It (UK)
- Guthrie & Ghani (UK)
- Blackbird Fabrics (CA)
- Earth Indigo (CA)
- Thread Theory (CA)
Leave us a voicemail with your questions, comments, and feedback: 1-844-SEW-WHAT (1-844-739-9428)
E-mail us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sign up for our newsletter to get weekly episode updates, special news, and even some exclusive content that you won’t find anywhere else.
Leave us a review! It will help other sewists discover us.