In this episode, we’re setting aside our goals and resolutions, and carving out space to talk about self-love! Inspired by the #SMYLY2018 challenge, we each tell our stories of how sewing has changed the way we view our bodies. We also offer tips for how you can be more body positive and kind to yourself this year.
- Episode 22: New Years Re-SEW-lutions
- TRUE – 30 Day Yoga Journey from Yoga with Adriene
- Ginger Skinny Jeans by Closet Case Patterns
- Modern Sewciety Episode 149 – an interview with us!
- Blackbird Fabrics ships to the US and it’s tax and duty-free!
- A Facebook discussion about Frixion pens (maybe they don’t work on fabric?):
I spent SO much of my teen years and early 20’s wishing I looked or acted like someone else. And, this was before the days of social media. I didn’t have access to watching the lives of strangers in a way that so easily could make me compare myself to others even more so than I already did. It took me so long…really until my 30’s…to truly feel confident in my own skin, as I am. Some of that comes with age, but I also think a lot of it comes with seeing examples of other women who are not perfect, who are not models, who are unique in their own way just being who they are and being OK with it. So, here is what I am asking you to do today…I would like you to leave a comment here telling me at least ONE THING that you like about yourself. How often do we get a chance to do that? We’re often thinking about what to fix, what to resolve, what to make better in the New Year. But I would love you to just reflect on something you are already doing that kicks butt. AND, you get bonus points If you post a photo of your beautiful self on your own feed telling me and others what you like about yourself there, too. Hashtag the photo #OhJoyLoveYourself and tag a friend to get them to join in, too!
- SMYLY challenge #SMYLY2018
- Lisa Kisch‘s SMYLY story:
- Hattie Van der Krohn‘ SMYLY story:
- Athina Kakou‘s SMYLY story:
- Rochelle New
- 5 ways to be more body positive in the new year via Cashmerette
- Cashmerette Activewear Collection
- @knitsandsews says “your face is good!”
We want to hear your thoughts! Help us shape the future of the podcast by taking the Love to Sew Podcast Survey! We really appreciate you taking the time to share.